Lymphatic drainage massages are mostly commonly used for their detoxifying, sculpting and ‘de-puffing’ benefits. The fluid in the lymphatic system
helps remove waste and toxins from body tissues. Some health conditions can cause lymph fluid to build up. Lymphatic drainage massages can benefit people with lymphedema
, or other conditions. The virtues of a lymphatic drainage massage go far beyond just the physical – could this massage technique be the answer to firming, toning and smoothing our body, while improving our overall health and well-being?
MESSIAH and EVE Massage Specialist Kelly Taschetto says, “Lymphatic drainage is a massage technique to enhance the function of our body’s lymphatic system – to draw out excess fluid, toxins, bacteria and other waste our body produces from between our tissues and cells and move it to our lymph nodes and lymph vessels to pump it out of our body.”
“Our lymphatic system is part of our body’s immune and circulatory system, but it doesn’t have a regulator or ‘pump’ to keep it in check and working well, so when it slows down or gets blocked, fluids and waste can build up. This can not only cause swelling, bloating and increase the appearance of cellulite, but can also have a direct impact on our digestion, circulation, energy levels and immune system…This is where a lymphatic drainage massage comes in!”
“A weekly 15-minute lymphatic drainage massage will help to relieve water retention and puffiness, reduce the appearance of cellulite, improve blood circulation, support the body’s natural digestion and metabolism functions, alleviate lethargy and promote an overall feeling of lightness and wellbeing.
This truly holistic beauty treatment will benefit your body inside and out! And it’s so easy to do at-home – following these simple steps…”
1. “First things first – start by applying the right product to help give you enough slip for an easier, more enjoyable massage experience. For a moisturising lymphatic drainage massage use MESSIAH and EVE Body Cream .01 (£25/300ml), which will slip into your morning moisturising ritual and enriched with Squalane, Prebiotics and Vitamin B5 to enhance the firming, smoothing benefits. Or you can make great use of your shower by giving yourself a lymphatic drainage massage using MESSIAH and EVE Body Cleanser .02 (£21/300ml) – packed with AHA’s, Niacinamide and Vitamin E this will give you a perfect gel slip and boost the skin toning and stimulating benefits.”
2. “For arms, start by stimulating the lymph nodes under the armpit using a simple ‘pumping’ movement with your fingers 4 times. Then using firm sweeping movements work upwards from your wrist towards your armpit, lightly squeezing and ‘pumping’ as you go. Repeat 4 times on each side.”
3. “For your thighs start my stimulating the lymph nodes in your groin 4 times, using the same ‘pumping’ movement as before. Then using the same firm, sweeping and squeezing motions work from your knees up your thighs and towards your pelvis and groin area. Repeat this 4 times on each side.”
4. “For lower legs squeeze the back of the knee 4 times to stimulate the lymph nodes, then slide your hand from the back of the foot upwards towards to the back of the knee, pumping and lightly squeezing as you go. Repeat 4 times on each side.”
5. “For the stomach area, using your fingers, make firm circular sliding movements in a clockwise direction around your stomach and belly button. Repeat 4 times.”
For More on Messiah and Eve:
Messiah and Eve Skincare